Thursday, December 16, 2010

What was I thinking?

I thought I would have so much more time to get things done once school started, especially with two kids in school. So here we are quickly approaching Christmas and I still don't see it. Maybe I forgot there would be a new baby involved. Actually, I think I was still in denial. I wouldn't have registered to run a 10K last summer if I was going to be pregnant. At least I got a T-shirt, my running partner picked it up for me. I can pretend I ran it.

My little guy is two months old now, there's no denying it anymore. Not that I don't try. My mom says I'm just out of practice. I have forgotten to bring the diaper bag several times (even when it's packed and ready to go). Other times I've left home without being completely stocked and had to pawn wipes from friends. My wonderful husband, who is not at all surprised says, "this is you we are talking about, remember." At least I was prepared when we had the blow-out during parent-teacher conference.

I thought that with E in preschool one day a week I would have time to run all my errands. In only two-and a half hours....ha, ha. It goes by too quickly.

I can't complain too much. S is a perfect baby. He sleeps well at night, and is generally happy when he's awake. He only fusses when he's hungry, tired, or wet, and screams when his sister gives him a nuggie...he really hates that. I'm still not sure where she learned it from. I usually end up doing things that have to be done instead of things I want to get done when he's sleeping. Or sometimes just snuggling, after all, I can't hardly resist holding a snuggly baby, my girls were not snugglers. He has the sweetest smile, and is just starting to laugh. He's growing fast, he's climbed up a whole percentile in height (75%-90th%) and weight (50th%-75%) in the last month. I'm learning, again, to enjoy it while I can. Before I know it he'll be 3 (which is by far worse than 2 in my opinion). Although 3-year olds do have their sweet moments too, most of them just occur when they are sleeping.

So for now, I will enjoy the time I have with my two babes at home, and one day I will be able to keep my house as clean I would like it to be...maybe, it's still me we're talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!